Laser welding machine, often called laser welder, is one of the important machines for the application of laser technology. The laser welding process is thermally conductive, that is, laser radiation heats the surface of the work-piece. The laser welding machine uses high-energy laser pulses to locally heat the materials in a small area. The energy of the laser radiation diffuses into the material through heat conduction.
The computer controls the movement and parameters of the laser, such as width, peak power, and repetition frequency. And the laser melts the work-piece to form a specific molten pool to reach the purpose of welding. The laser beam welding has the unique advantages of smooth welding seam, small focus spot, and high positioning accuracy. Therefore, the laser welder has been successfully applied for the precision welding of micro and small parts.
· Categories and Applications of the laser welder:
According to the working methods, the laser welder can be mainly divided into the following three types.
Handheld laser welder
Also known as the manual welding machine, or portable laser welding machine, it can be mainly used in the molding manufacturing industries. For example, it is applicable to the molding industries of mobile phones, digital products, automobiles, and motorcycles. And people also mostly use it as the handheld laser welder for manual welding. This laser welder easily welds metal materials, such as stainless steel, iron and galvanized sheets.
Automatic laser welding machine
This machine is suitable for automatic welding of metal work-pieces in straight lines and circles. It is commonly used in phone batteries, jewelry, electronic components, sensors, clocks, precision machinery, communications, and handicraft industries.
Fiber laser welding machine
The fiber laser welder has a good laser beam welding quality and high welding accuracy. It is suitable for welding microelectronic components, precision parts, high-end digital components, optical fiber connectors, and medical equipment.
With stronger energy and greater heat, it instantly reaches the welding point and melts the materials. People often use it in the medical, mobile phone, electronics, hardware, instrumentation, optical communication, and aluminum industries.
This machine is suitable for welding the same materials, such as stainless steel, gold, silver, and alloy. And it is also applicable for welding many kinds of dissimilars metal materials. For example, the laser welder can weld copper and nickel, nickel and titanium, low-carbon steel and copper.
Nowadays, most manufacturers provide laser welding services for their customers which can be used for various materials like aluminum, titanium, etc. There are different features of each type of material.
- Laser welding aluminum: Laser welding is the most popular technology for aluminum welding. Laser welding aluminum is the ideal of quick and clear aluminum welding service, and create deep weld penetration.
- Laser welding titanium: With clear and efficient welding, advanced laser welding titanium technology can create a reasonable cost for their customers.
- Laser welding stainless steel: Laser welding machine for stainless steel has become the best choice for manufacturers to weld stainless steel. The laser welding machine for stainless steel can create a perfect welding result and deep weld penetration.
- Laser welding jewelry: Manufacturers weld jewelry with jewelry laser welding machine. The precise welding technology helps manufacturers deal with delicate jewelry design.
The laser welder is applicable to the electronic components, precision machinery, communications, and other industries. There are also many users in the phone batteries, sensors, medical devices, craft gifts, and clocks industries.