Woodworking laser engraving machine is a CNC engraving machine. It mainly process wood, Acrylic, PBS, ceramic, leather, textile, paper products, plastic, metal, bamboo, glass, and other non-metallic materials. We all know that wood is a common non-metallic material that is applicable in all aspects of our lives.
Therefore, this type of woodworking engraving machine finds wide applications. Equipped with professional imported lasers, stable and reliable, durable, simple operation, high precision, this wood laser engraving machine can quickly and efficiently process wood of different hardness, and achieve the ideal processing effect.
Technical parameters of wood laser engraving machines
|Laser type||Co2 laser|
|Power||80W, 100W, 130w, 150W, 180W|
|Working speed||0–72 m/min; available for step-less speed regulating|
|Accuracy of positioning||<0.01mm|
|Supportive graphic format||BMP, HPGL（PLT）, JPEG, GIF, TIFF, PCS, TGA, DST and DXP|
· Brief introduction:
The laser engraving machine for wood refers to the wood laser engraver that adopts laser technology to engrave wood materials. It is also named as the laser wood engraver or wood laser machine. The basic principle of the laser wood engraver is to use high-energy-density laser beams to convert heat energy. And the heat energy instantly causes thermal decomposition of wood to remove part of the materials and form engraving marks. The laser engraving machine can process the required design graphics, symbols, and letters on the surface of wooden materials.
The laser engraving machine for wood does not need to cut through the work-piece. Therefore, the energy required is relatively small.
The laser engraving machine for wood is a non-contact processing technology. Compared with the traditional mechanical processing methods, laser wood engraver has the advantage of no sawdust pollution. And it has no tool wear, no need to change tools, no noise pollution, or very low noise.
· Applications of the laser engraving machine for wood:
The wood laser engraver is applicable for marking and engraving on various kinds of wood materials. For example, birch, cherry wood, and maple wood are common materials for laser wood carving and engraving.
In addition, laser wood engraver can also be used for the engraving processing of a lot of non-metallic materials. Suitable non-metallic materials include acrylic materials, paper, plastics, rubber, leather and cloth, ceramic, glass, and resin, etc.
The engraving machine for wood can also engrave double-color boards, MDF, and many other non-metallic materials.
The wood laser machine is widely used in various industries, such as wood processing, advertising, and architectural models.
The popular application industries of laser wood engraver also include craft and gifts, clothing, industrial proofing, printing, and packaging industries. Many users use this machine to produce laser engraved wood gifts and laser engraved wood art products. And some also use it as the laser engraver for wood pens.
As a kind of CNC laser engraver, the wood engraving machine use automatic control plate to create precise and efficient engraving result. And with the high-speed, finished engraving result, laser engraving machine has become popular in engraving industry. The CO2 laser engraver is the most popular wood engraving machine.
The operators can set up the parameters of the graphics, symbols, or letters for laser engraving into the computer. After receiving the signal sent from the computer, the laser of the engraving machine will generate a laser beam. Through the optical path system, the high-power-density laser beam is focused and irradiates on the work-piece. The laser heat is absorbed by the material of the work-piece, and the work-piece temperature rises sharply. The materials begin to vaporize and form very small holes.
Along with the movement of the laser beam, the engraving marks are formed on the work-piece. The engraving parameters, including engraving speed and laser power, can be controlled by the numerical control system. And the slags generated during the laser wood carving and engraving are blown away by the auxiliary gas.
· Features of the laser engraving machine for wood
- Wide application range
The laser engraving machine for wood can engrave almost any non-metallic materials.
- Safety and reliability
Because of non-contact processing and no clamps required, the wood laser engraver will not cause mechanical extrusion to the materials. There is no damage to the surface of the work-piece and no material deformation.
- Accuracy and precision
The minimum letter that the laser machine can engrave reaches to 1.0mm×1.0mm.
- Material saving and environmental protection
The diameter of the beam and spot is small, generally less than 0.5mm. The laser engraving saves raw materials.
- Consistent effect
Through laser engraving, the processing effect of the same batch of materials is completely consistent.
- High efficiencyand fast speed
The wood laser engraver can carry out high-speed engraving according to the wood laser engraving designs on the computer.
- Low operation cost
As the laser machine has computer control and high working efficiency, it will reduce the operation costs of the users.
If you want to master the laser wood engraving technology, you must to known how to use the laser engraver software. The laser engraver software is designed for easy operation. Nearly every laser wood engraving machine has advanced laser engraver software, and the operator uses it by the control plate.
Generally, the suppliers will provide the operating instructions or manual of the wood laser engraver. The operators must operate the machine by strictly following the instructions and the guidance of the suppliers.
· Before the operation:
- Before the operation, check if the water level of the cooling water is normal and if any blockage in the And observe whether the circulating cooling water pump is operating normally.
If any abnormal, take measures to solve the problems accordingly in order to avoid damage to the laser. The operators shall not use the wood laser machine without cooling water.
- Check whether the air pump is normal to ensure that the air keeps blowingduring the engraving process.
- If necessary, adjust the laser engraving wood settings according to processing demand in the computer.
· During the operation:
- The laser used by the wood laser engraver is invisible light, which is harmful to the human body. It is strictly forbidden to make any part of the bodyor anythingtouch the laser during the operation. Otherwise, it will cause injury to the human body or damage the machine.
- There is a high voltage in the wood laser engraverduring the operation.The users shall not operate the machine in an excessively humid environment to avoid electric leakage.
- Laser processing may produce high temperatures. The operators shall notleave the machine during the engraving process to avoid burning and various safety accidents.
- Afterturning onthe laser engraving machine for wood, it is strictly forbidden to push the guide rail by hand. Or it will cause damage to the transmission system.
· After the operation
- After the operation, keep both the inside and outside of the wood laser engraver clean.Clean off the engraving residue, and wipe the rusty parts, such as the guide rail, with engine oil.
- The users must make sure that the ventilation and dust removal system is unobstructed.It also needs to prevent corrosion of the machine due to excessive accumulation of dust and moisture.
- 9. After completing the engraving processing, the operators must cut offthe power supply and water source before leaving.
- 10. The personnel who have not accepted the professional training shall not operate the machine without authorization.
The operators shall maintain the wood laser engraver regularly. The following briefly introduces the maintenance of some important parts of the laser machine.
Cooling water system
During the operation, please connect through the cooling water first. Adjust the position of the outlet pipe to ensure that the cooling water is full of the cooling pipe. And there shall not be any bubble in the pipe. And then turn on the power supply.
Requirements: Use soft water (distilled water or purified water) as the cooling water. And always pay attention to the temperature of the cooling water, especially in summer. Once the water temperature becomes too high, the users shall replace the cooling water in time. Or turn off the machine for a period of time.
In winter or some cold regions, it needs to prevent the cooling water from being frozen. Especially after turning off the laser, the operators must drain off the cooling water from the laser tube. Otherwise, the cooling water may freeze and break the laser tube.
Cleaning of the optical lens
Pay attention to protect the optical lens of the laser. And prevent the smog generated during the working process from being splashed on the surface of the lens. If the surface of the lens is contaminated, the engraving power will decrease. The users can use absorbent cotton or special lens cleaning paper to dip with absolute ethanol to clean the lens. It is not allowed to touch the lens by hand to avoid damage to the lens coating.
- During the processof the test run, it needs to adjust the laser support point or rotate the laser position. After it achieves the best output effect, the operators can fix the laser.
- When the laser is in use, there shall be no water scale in the cooling tube.Otherwise, if any blockage of the cooling water, the heat diffusion effect will be affected.
- Some parts, such as the laser,are made of glass, which is fragile. During the process of installation and operation, it needs to handle them gently.
- Use the laser tubes according to the instructions, and pay attention to save laser energy.And do not exceed therange of the working current of laser tubes.
There are many brands and types of laser engravers on the market. How to choose the best laser engraver for wood to meet the practical engraving needs? Here are some suggestions on how to choose a suitable laser machine for wood.
Power of the laser engraving machine for wood
Firstly, the buyers need to confirm the power of the engraving machine that matches the texture of the wood.
The laser engraving machine has high power and low power. Although wood is the most commonly used material for laser processing, there are different types of wood texture. And each type of wood has its own characteristics.
The light-color wood, like birch, cherry, or maple wood, can be easily vaporized by laser. Therefore, they are more suitable for engraving and need to use very high power. While the texture of some wood is denser, such as hardwood, which requires higher laser power for engraving. Therefore, it needs to select the suitable power by considering the specific wood materials.
Performance and function of the motor
Secondly, understand the performance and function of the engraving motor. The engraving motor of the laser wood engraver is also very important. And the engraving motor works continuously for a long time. So if the engraving motor does not perform well, it will also affect the operation of the engraving machine.
Adjustable speed of the motor
And thirdly, it needs to consider the adjustable speed range of the engraving motor. Generally, if the speed is not adjustable or the range of the adjustable speed is small, the application range of the engraving machine will be subject to great restrictions. Because different materials must be engraved at different engraving speeds. Therefore, it’s better to choose the wood laser machine with adjustable speed. And the users can engrave more non-metallic materials.
Find a reliable manufacturer is very helpful for your wood laser engraving business. The responsible manufacturer provides the best laser engraver at a reasonable laser engraving machine price. Nowadays, we provide the best laser engraver which will create advanced laser wood engraving technology.